CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Marriage MEME

1. Where/How did you meet?We met Thanksgiving Day (2002) he was a friend of my sister's from DSU who was here alone on break...so she invited him to my house and we cooked for him and a few of his friend's. He played with my kid's for hours.
2. How long have you known each other? 4 year's
3. How long after you met did you start dating? about 6 mos our 2nd meeting
4. How long did you date before you were engaged? 3 mos
5. How long was your engagement? 1 mos
6. How long have you been married? it will be 4 year's in Aug
7. What is your anniversary? August 21st , 2003
8. How many people came to your wedding reception? about 40
9. What kind of cake did you serve? a sheet cake with red and yellow roses
10. Where was your wedding? we actually got married in a Private ceramony with friends and family at the court house
11. What did you serve for your meal? Steak, salad's, hanburger's...and refreshements...oh dont forget the mints...lol
12. How many people were in your wedding party? we each had a witness and Julia as our little attendent
13. Are you still friends with them all? Yes
14. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony? Yes he did
15. Most special moment of your wedding day? Saying our vows and being pronounced husband and wife...most loving moment!!!
16. Any funny moments? Before we even started Jordon fell asleep!
17. Any big disasters?Brace your selves....Britton got arrested seriously 5 mins after we were finished...hauled to jail where he had to sit because the banks were closed to get bail money.....yes I spent my wedding reception and night with out my new husband! This is a long story but he was involved in an ongoing dorm robbery case from the college...it ended not so badly...just the best day of my life and the worst all in one...talk about stressfull!! We plan to renew our vow's someday somewhre romantic.....
18. Where did you go on your honeymoon? The 2nd day of our marriage we left for a night alone...autnies kept the kid's
19. How long were you gone?1 day
20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change? Well Im defianetly gonna change everything from after Ido .......maybe in Jamaica.....
21. What side of the bed do you sleep on? The left
22. What size is your bed? Full
23. Greatest strength as a couple?Our communication, our faith in God...our determination
24. Greatest challenge as a couple?Both very stubborn...and working through the legal issues in the beginning...it's all better now
25. Who literally pays the bills?Brit make's the most of the income...I write out the bills every month...I take care of groceries and etc...
26. What is your song? No Letting Go...
27. What did you dance your first dance to?Unchained Melody
28. Describe your wedding dress: I wore a wight top and skirt,
29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding? A mixed bouqet, had big daisies
30. Are your wedding bands engraved? No
31. How old were you when you got married? I was 23 and he was 22


I realize some of my wedding doesn't sound so good...even though it was rough I am truely glad to be married to my wonder ful hubby. I am so in love and it only get's stronger with time. Britton was brought into my life at the perfect time and helped me through some tough issues from my last relationship. I'm sure many of you know how it was! Britton moved into my house May1 2003 because he needed a place to stay for 15 days till he would be going home to Montana. Well after those 15 day's he realized he couldn't go. He was falling in love....and so was I! He decided to stay here with me and face up to the legal issues and handle it as he should. He really changed his life in short period of time. I never knew love could change a person so much and help me to heal at the same time. We quickly were married and then pregnant with Janaya. Most of you probably know I had 3 from previous. I thank God for bringing this man to my heart, soul and life! I can't imagine my life with out him! He has stepped up and been a dad to my other 3 kid's and he is all they know. He must truely be an amazing man to take on what he did and to still contiue to take such good care of us in every way!! I love you Brit.....

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Nice post about your hubby Barb!! You said some very kind and thoughtful words. He has a great wife as well...

Lori said...

Sounds like you got yourself a great guy! Wonderful husband and great daddy.

Kari said...

I know that you and Brit were meant for each other. I'm glad you found each other, and like you said the timing was right (even though sometimes it didn't seem like it). You are an inspiration, and even though you might not have the biggest house in town you have two of the biggest hearts I have ever known! I love you guys!