CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Rosco

I got a comment from Tracy and thought I would post on it. She asked how Rosco was with the daycare kids? Well Rosco is great with my kid's, daycare kids and ALL women. He like's Brit but any other man comes in here and we have to hold him back. He literally growels and tries to bite them. I am not sure why this is. He also get aggitated if Brit starts yelling and he will follow me around the house till Brit is calm. He show's no fear of Brit and is totally interactive with him. I am wondering if he was beat or something because why would he act this way? I have to hold him back anytime a man come's in the house or yard.....any thoughts? Other than this he is the perfect dog and fits right in, he has become very spoiled and seems at home now!!!

3 comments:

First Time Mommy said...

Our yellow lab was much like that when we got him from the Humane Society. He wasn't so much scared of men but if you would move too quickly towards him or even when we would try to pet his head he would duck down like we were going to hit him. I think he was beaten too. All I can say is just treat Rosco with lots of TLC and he'll eventually (and hopefully) stop doing that. It took ours about a year before he stopped doing the ducking thing..however once in awhile he'll do it (probably a flash back or something..if dogs can have flashbacks).

Good luck and by the way Rosco is a cute dog :)!!

Erin

the boedecker family said...

Thank your for the advice...I checked out your site...your dog is beautiful! Barb

Tracy said...

Who knows why Rosco is the way he is...poor dog! I am glad he's good with the kids and you. Brit can take him if need be...no, just kidding. Actually Wilson is the same way with MEN. Although I think that is because of Mark's friends that tease him. He never used to be like that until we moved to Madison. Maybe before you got Rosco-he wasn't treated very nicely by a male. That would be my guess. Maybe he's trying to "protect" you guys from strangers...that is why our dogs bark at EVERYBODY that enters this house.

GOOD LUCK!! He sure is cute!