CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Another disappointment!!

So I went to the doctor today really hoping for some kind of answer or at least that they would try to figure out what is causing this! Well that wasn't the case once again!! He said there really isn't any medicine left to try, that we haven't already tried! As if I didn't know that! So he put me back on Zoloft for depression and said that he has seen good results from it on other people! He also is starting me on Lunesta for my insomnia as it has proven before that no sleep is a trigger for my headaches! He said if it's still a problem in a MONTH call him back! Sounds great huh?! He also said something to me that has never been said so point blank, he said "I have had many patients that are an easy fix and I have had just a few that aren't. You are one of those, and I hate to say this but you might have to deal with it all your life and there may never be no anwsers!!" What am I supposed to say to that?? I have a friend who's mom has severe migraines that are just like this and cause the illness part as well and they said the same thing to her, there is nothing more we can do but try to stop the headache when it comes!! He referred to her when I was there today and said it is really sad that nothing works!! Yeah tell me about it!!
So when I got home I balled like mad to my mom and asked her what I am gonna do and how the hell can anyone live like that forever? I also said that seeing's how I have seen 2 in town docotrs and a neuro from Sioux Falls there really is no point in getting a 4th opinion is there? I don't even know where I would start or where to look for a good neuro? Well I geuss for now I will start these new meds and live with it the best I can....

2 comments:

Kari said...

I'm so sorry that you had a disappointing visit. Have you tried this combination of meds before? Maybe it's just a matter of getting you on the right dosages and the right combinations. You never know...I also think that you should get someone in to inspect your house, maybe it's something there that is making you sick.

Jennie Thompson said...

What a shitty deal. No one should have to live like that. If it were the doc having these problems, he'd know it's not something that can be lived with. Good luck.