CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Racism....

Ok this post is a hard one to get out what I really want to say while trying to remain calm and rational!! Tonight at the dinner table the kids were telling us about their experience on the bus after school. There was a boy who is about Julia's age picking on Jordon and Jackson and she had to step in, when she did the boy said " white is stronger then black" he then stuck out his tongue at her and she said " you look like an idiot when you do that". My kids then moved seats and nothing else happened! From the name they gave me and description of where he lives I know who he is and also know his mom! I also know that calling her would do absolutely no good at all!

I am so angry at this, my kids should not have to deal with that! I do realize that they are a minority but this is the 21st century or something like that will racism never end? There are alot of really nice kids out there too don't get me wrong!! These kids are at such a young age and they had to be taught these things! So at this point I don't know what to do, I can't go pick them up everyday and they have rights to be there and live their lives without fear of being harassed every time they get on the PUBLIC SCHOOL BUS!! I am hurting for my kids and am angry at myself for not being able to fix it. Julia is good about brushing it off she said "I got used to it last year mom", what...used to it...no way not right!! Jordon doesn't get it as to why they pick on him he just gets angry and wants to "beat them heads up" ! He doesn't resist temptation so easily but when those kids get hurt you bet they will point the finger at him, again not right!! Jackson has no idea what is going on other then he was right and there are bullies at school, again not right!!

Well I am gonna close on this, I hope somehow things change and that my children remain strong and stay proud of who they are, beautiful, loving children of God!!!

6 comments:

Tamara B. said...

How sad. You should be very happy how she handled herself. I think if I were in your place, I would bring it to the teacher's attention and even if it doesn't do any good, I would contact the mom. At least you would have your say and let your children know that you find this kind of behavior worth standing up to. Of course, it's easy to give the advice when it hasn't happened to me. Boy, I feel for you. My thoughts are with you and your children.

Jennie Thompson said...

What are those parents teaching their children? That's horrid. I probably would have marched my butt over there and confronted them!

Tracy said...

You are doing a wonderful job at raising those children Barb!! I would have a really hard time dealing with someone hurting my children's feelings. I guess I am not sure what I would do. But you are right...they are beautiful, loving children.

Kerrie said...

The other day when I saw you dropping off the kids, they made their way to the back of the school to a mob of kids. The bell rang and Jordon looked at me and said "Is it time to go in now?" I told him it was and he walked off to be with his class. He's so stinkin' cute!

If I were you I'd march myself into the principal's office and ask what HE plans to do about what happened.

Kari said...

You are right that it would do no good to call that mother. I think that you are doing the right thing to just keep teaching your kids to stand up for themselves. Just keep telling them that they are special and beatiful. As long as they know that it won't matter what the other ignorant people in the world think about them.

Lori said...

Sorry to hear that happened to you.

I think I would let the principal and teacher both know. That seems so unfair to get treated like that.