CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Weekend Alone!!

Oh my what an amazing weekend!! This weekend the kids stayed with Uncle Kenny in Parkston so mom and dad could celebrate their anniversary and do some much needed relaxing!! I can honestly say that relaxing is just what I needed and also feel closer then ever to my hubby!!


Friday the kids headed off at 6pm and we headed to Flandreau where we had a suite for the night!! We ate supper and hung out with my Dad and Les for a few hours, didn't win a dime...lol!! After that we took a nice evening walk and then enjoyed some whirlpool therapy!! It was a very nice romantic night!!


Saturday we did some yard work and walked the dog in the day! That evening we went to the lake to visit Mom and Wayne & Steph and Cody. We grilled steaks and visited around the campfire, lots of fun!


Sunday morning we went back to the lake in the am to do some fishing from the boat, well it was actually catch and release practice but fun none the less!! We came home and did some inside housework and then relaxed till we had to head back to Sioux Falls to get the kids, we stopped at BK first to bring the kids a snack!! We were all glad to see each other and be home too!


I worried about them and missed them alot but sure did appreciate the break!! I called Friday night and Saturday am to check on them and Kenny said " Barbara how can you be relaxing if you are constantly calling to check on them?" I agreed and said I would not call again, but that if they wanted me or he needed ANYTHING to call me, that was a long 24hrs...hehehe!! I hope everyone else enjoyed their weekends too!!

6 comments:

Kerrie said...

How nice of Kenny to do that for you. Sounds like you had a great weekend!

Jamie said...

Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend. Everyone needs that once in a while.

Tracy said...

WOW! How fun for you and Brit!! Glad you had a great time and what an awesome brother for taking the kiddos!!

Kari said...

I'm so glad that you had a nice time! I thought about you, and I was hoping that it was going well!

Tamara B. said...

Isn't it nice to get away once in a while. I think it's healthy to get away and miss your kids a little. It helps you to remember why you put up with the hard days.

Glad you had such a nice time.

Lori said...

Glad you could get away. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.
I agree it is nice to get away for a bit (even though when we do we miss our kids terribly).
I think it makes your kids appreciate you more too.