CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 16, 2007

Conferences!!

Thursday night we had parent teacher conferences and with 3 kids they always schedule them weird, this year it was 6p..6:15 and 6:30! For some reason it never works out that way and someone always has to wait for us to get down to them!!

I'll start with Julia! Mrs. Eich had the most amazing things to say about her! She said she is her best student and is the most beautiful caring little lady! She looks for Julia to win most of the barn trips if not all of them, WOW that is better then I thought she was doing and looking way into the future!! She brought me to tears more then once, I am so proud of the little lady she is becoming! Her grades are wonderful and according to a reading test they were given she is proficient at the 6th to 7th grade level and she's only in the 4th grade...AMAZING!!! Mrs. Eich told Julia she will go far in life and she is such a people person that she should be a doctor or someone who works with people, again I cried! I just couldn't be more proud!!

Jackson was next with Mrs. Osteberg. She had wonderful things to say about Jackson and how quickly he catches on to everything and actually needs to be challenged! She said "IT's like he is taking over his own education and running with it" ! WOW! She said at the beginning of the year he would play at play time now he sits and writes and tries to read and sound out words to spell! She said he is mastering what he has to know and much more, a very intelligent little boy! The only thing he needs to continue working on is more gentle play at recess, he tends to be rough but is getting much better! YAY Jackson!!

Now onto Jordon with Mrs. Fjerstad and Mrs. Wilken's. I am very frustrated with this conference and will try my best not to put my foot in my mouth! I am tempted to call and maybe set up a time to meet with them and discuss a few things but I am not exactly sure if the things I'd like to see change are possible, maybe I need to do some more research on my options! First of all in was very impersonal, I got the negative feeling right away that my son is an inconvenience and hasn't done any good since the beginning of the year! You see Jordon had a med change 3 weeks ago and since hasn't been the most pleasant or well behaved boy! And Jordon did cause some issues that will be quickly resolved but are you telling me he has done nothing posative?! Mrs. Fjerstad had a folder of papers and didn't pull out a single one!! She showed me his self evaluation and the handwriting guidelines and that is it! The conversation then went to the last 3 weeks and nothing else was discussed! Now I know from the papers he has brought home he is doing something right I just wish she had taken the time to share it with me. I honestly feel that the only way I will get anywhere is to work and talk only with Mrs. Wilkens! I am so hurt and frustrated I don't know what to do, I don't want to send him to Children's Care for school but sometimes Madison School District doesn't seem to be as concerned about this as I do!! I know there are some really great teachers and staff there but it's the ones that aren't that hinder children like my Jordon...

I hope everyone's little one's are doing well. Have a great weekend!!

6 comments:

Kari said...

Oh Barb, I could tell when I called last night that things hadn't gone well. I figured it was about Jordon. I'm so sorry that it couldn't go smoother for you and for him. Is that the Mrs. Fjerstad that I know?

the boedecker family said...

Yes it is!

Kerrie said...

I'm glad that the other two got good reports. That's wonderful.

Mrs. Wilkens is actually a really nice person. Keep at it Barb. It's never easy when someone doesn't love your child as much or the way you do.

If you feel that he's falling between the cracks, my opinion is to send him somewhere he won't. Good luck. (((hug)))

Tracy said...

Barb,

I am sorry you are frustrated with the way things went with Jordon. It is never easy hearing negative things about your child. Although you should ALWAYS, no matter what, here the positive as well.

Hang in there!!

Jamie said...

That is great you had two good conferences!!

I feel for you on the other one. Keep doing what you think is best. That is all you can do. Some teachers just do not have patience and it is said when you have to deal with that. I hope things get better for Jordan and you guys.

Lori said...

So glad to hear things are going so well for two of your kids at school.
Sorry to hear it didn't go very well for Jordon. I hope things get better for you.