CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Water Heater...Who needs those...

And the answer is US!! I keep thinking positively that things are going to work out an we will get this place fixed up and sold so that we can run and never look back! HA! Well now it's the water heater, which is in our closet, and its shot! The big problem is there is water everywhere but where it should be!! Alot of stuff in our closet got wet and ruined and the walls are soaked and the carpet in the closet and around it outside as well. The panel that hid the water heater is totally ruined and there is sitting water under the heater! I sucked water up last night and have been running a dehumidifier nonstop, still not dry!! Who knows how long it's been leaking either. I noticed about a week ago that the carpet in front of the closet was damp but couldn't tell why so I just brushed it off and didn't tell Brit till later. Well last night we noticed that is was quite wet and started digging to find the mess. Now I am beside myself and not sure what else could go wrong...oh boy...KNOCK ON WOOD!!!

The thing I am most upset about getting wet is the little bit of wedding material I had! I had a big envelope with our cards and marriage certificates in it. Somehow it was out of the tote and got wet! I got it dried out but you know how stuff looks like after it's been dried! I didn't have a big or smooth wedding so this little bit of memorabilia was VERY important to me! Well I will keep my chin up and hope something goes our way soon!! Have a Great weekend!!

4 comments:

Kari said...

You have NOT had good luck lately!

I think that you and Britton need to plan a vow renewal ceremony. Even though it wouldn't be the same as a "wedding" I think we could plan it and make it really special for you. Then we could take pictures and have all of the memories that you missed out on the first times around!

Kerrie said...

I know it doesn't feel like it right now, but it can always be worse.

You sure have had a run of it though. When you're down - there is only one other way to go. Always remember - chin up!

Tracy said...

You have a great outlook Barb...we're here for ya!!

Jamie said...

Man, you have had some bad luck! Keep your head up, things will get better! :)