CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 18, 2007

It's a Bad Day to be a....

Deadbeat Dad around me! This post maybe a bit personal to share but my blogging "buddies" seem to be a good relief to me so here goes! I am mad as a hornet today after my child support hearing this am with Micheal Jordon's father. He requested a modification to get it lowered once again. Well this time he got his wish.ERRRRR! He makes very little and has 2 other children he has to pay support on and now I am the one getting the least??!! He pays $431/month on a girl in Utah so you'd think that would be the one to lower, but I am not a genius so I could be wrong!! Needless to say my child support from him just dropped by $189/month! They only take an extra $25/month for the arrears owed which are over 12K now, yes that's right! What a joke the state is with child support sometimes!

I am on the war path now and going to look into modifying my other case on Julia. He has only had to pay $80/month her whole life and it's time to see if maybe that can't be changed. It's not my fault that these men have other children to pay on and that they can't seem to find any better job! It is my problem that I was with them at all but at least I take care of my children and don't try to get out of it. They are beautiful amazing children and I have never understood why someone wouldn't want to be a part of their lives!

Well enough about that it just makes me angry. It's been a good but busy week. Monday was my mom's b-day, Happy B-day mom!! We went over for cake and pizza Monday night! We are getting tired of the rain and being wet and cooped up but looking forward to a dry weekend. Have a great Thursday!!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

I am sorry the system is being unfair. I am sure it isn't easy raising them without the financial support of their fathers.

Jamie said...

The system is so unfair to some people! These men need to step up to the plate and do what is right by their kids! I hope things get better!!

Have a nice weekend and yeah for no rain for a while!!

Kerrie said...

My mom was lucky. My dad paid every dime that he was supposed to. Actually, he'd just send the check directly to her when it was supposed to be going through the courts. Well one day my dad got a letter saying that he owed my mom all this money in back pay. He had a certain amount of time to pay or he'd go to jail. He called my mom in a panic asking her if she could write the state of Texas a letter telling them he was current on child support. She did and all was well, but it was funny to us - not as much to my dad though.

I'm sorry you have to deal with 'dead beat dads'. =(

Kari said...

I hear you on the child support issue. Just remember, they are the ones missing out. It stinks not to get the money that is owed to you, but it is just money. You get the smiles and the "I love you"s and that is SO much better!