CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Only in South Dakota...

does it go from 70 degrees to freezing and snowing in the same week!! I was so hoping winter would FORGET to come this year. HA! Even though I knew it was coming I still hoped. I think I am getting older because I don't want to leave my house for much of anything. I usually like to go..go..go because I spend all week in the house, but lately I don't seem to mind just staying here..where its WARM.

We haven't done much this weekend, Friday we did our shopping and Saturday the kids bowled. Today the kids went to Sunday school and Brit and I had breakfast at Mcdonalds and ran a few errands, picked them up and here I've stayed. Football is on today and been on our TV since it started..HA! Brit is on a Fantasy Football league so Sunday is his day with the TV and computer from noon till bedtime. Im kindof getting into it and have learned quite a bit about football too.

The kids conferences were on Thursday night. Mrs.Sims said Julia is doing very well and she is really pleased with her. She has great reading and comprehension skills and is very strong in her beliefs and will be a great leader!! Way to go Julia, we are SO VERY PROUD OF YOU!
Mrs. Gabriel had some good things to say about Jordon as well. He is SUPER in Math and loves doing it, even when it's not math time he wants it to be!! He needs to work on reading, talking loud all the time also. His behaviors are getting better and he has changed alot. Recess still brings trouble with a group of boys constantly hurting him we voiced our concerns again and it seems she will try to keep a closer eye on it. Way to go Jordon!!
Mrs. Hojer said Jackson is doing great also. He hasn't had any trouble adjusting and is reading really well to. In his bag of books he is at a level 10 right now and will need to get to 18 by the end of the year which looks like it will be no problem. He is also doing Excellent in Math, he does above what he needs to. It doesn't surprise me since he started doing adding and subtracting last year on his own. Way to go Jack!!

Hope you all had a good week!!

3 comments:

The Wangsness Family said...

WOW! I am sooo pround of the kids. You are doing such a great job with them. So glad to hear they are doing good, Keep it up kids.

Tracy said...

Yep...only in South Dakota...

Sounds like the kids are doing well. We have our conferences this week. I get to go head to head with Dawson's teacher...should be interesting.

Kari said...

So proud of your kids! Keep up the good work!