CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 20, 2008

He's Running Free Now...

This post is a sad one that I have tried to start a few times today! Did you see the beautiful Rainbow last night?! If you didn't it was the biggest brightest rainbow I've ever seen!! And to me it was a sign that Rosco was at peace and running free up above now!!

On Monday afternoon Rosco got out AGAIN...if you don't know Rosco loves to run...run...run and has since the day we brought him home! He always comes right back or in when he's done and never hurts anyone. The most he's ever stayed out was over night and wants in right away. Well this time didn't go that way at all. First of all he refused to come in and despite numerous attempts absolutely no one could catch him! The Police were called on Tuesday am and I was given a ticket and instructed to get it dismissed I'd have to get rid of him! We did everything we could and had many different people attempting to catch him as well. On Wednesday am the cop was back and lot manager and animal control and this time there had been numerous reports that he is trying to bite people and attack other animals as well. He also tried to bite my sister and dad. Now I am being told and realized he had to be put down. Why is he biting and attacking...especially people he knows!! For sometime now I have wondered if he wasn't really sick, he's been spiking high temps and seems to be on his death bed then the next day normal??!! I have had him to the vet a few times and been told he was OK! So I don't know what was really wrong....and now never will. Yesterday Brit came home from work and we tracked and finally outsmarted him and caught him. We loved him and spoiled him as much as we possibly could and at 4 pm he was put down...or as I like to think set free to run and be free as he seemed to truly be happy roaming! So when I saw the rainbow last night I instantly got a feeling of relief knowing he was at peace...

7 comments:

Jennie Thompson said...

Ok..I have tears running down my cheeks. He's in doggie heaven - that's for sure.

First Time Mommy said...

I'm so sorry about Rosco! He's in a better place now where he's allowed to run free!

Kari said...

I know how hard it was for you to have to do that. Rosco was your special dog, and I know that you will miss him. Your right that he is able to run free now.

The Wangsness Family said...

I am so sorry about Roscoe...I loved that dog as much as your family did. When you told me that you guys put him down i didn't cry until i got out to my vehicle. Knowing that the kids were upset and how much it hurt you guys. I am so sorry it had to happen that way. He is able to run free now. It's just to bad that it didn't work out better. Maybe in time you guys can get a small inside dog..I know that no dog will take place of Rosco but it will help not only you but the kids to.

Kerrie said...

Oh my gosh, Barb! That's so sad. :( I saw the rainbow and it was beautiful. I don't think in all my life that I've ever seen a full rainbow.

Now when you see a rainbow you'll forever link it to Rosco. As sad as it is, it sounds that you made the right choice.

I hope your heart feels better soon.

Tracy said...

I am so sorry for the decision you had to make. Pets are indeed a part of many people's families. I am glad you were able to see a rainbow and now can think of Rosco in the future!!

Hang in there!

Jamie said...

Oh man...I feel so bad for you guys! I wish things could have been different. :(