CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Roller Coaster Ride???

I'm back...sort of!! Wow what a week this has been for me, so many emotional up and downs, mostly downs!! Last week my best friend of 12 years said the most hurtful words I have ever heard, or would even say to my worst enemy! It has been building for quite some time and I finally stood up to her and told her things I know she didn't want to hear! She really needed to hear them and if nobody was going to do it who better then your BFF right? I was truthful and standing up for myself as well as her daughter. Well in retaliation she called me and said things about my "disabled" son that I WILL NOT repeat!! After I hung up on her I slammed my fist into the cupboard 3 times and balled uncontrollably. When it was all said and done with I was sure my arm was broke, and to the doctor I went! Luckily for me it's not broke but bruised really bad. One of the xrays was really questionable but they still said not broke! So last week I was wrapped and in a sling all week with little to NO use, talk about painful and impossible! This week I am down to a wrist splint but much more use, and tolerable pain! I am getting more and more use every day. I was so upset at myself for doing that but when I repeat to myself what was said I can't help but think any mother would do the same! As for the friendship its done forever, it honestly should have been that way many years ago. Too many lies, manipulations and wrong doings have gone on and I deserve better then that and won't stand for it anymore. I know in my heart have much better friends out there! The sad part is I don't even miss her, I actually feel a huge burden is lifted!
I haven't been able to lift much more then "a pair of pants" with it yet so I haven't bowled the last 2 weeks either, talk about crazy.

Now onto my latest heartbreak, Jordon! Most of you know Jordon's disabilities and also that he has had many behavior issues all his life. Well we are having much troubles lately and he has actually become a danger to himself and others at times. After visiting with his doctor it has been decided he needs Inpatient Treatment and evaluations. He would like to admit Jordon to the Avera Adolescent Behavior Unit in Sioux Falls for an indefinite amount of time, and then possibly to the Children's Home Society after an Acute stay at Avera! Right now he is thinking Monday for an admission date but I will know for sure on Friday. As sad and heartbreaking as this is especially with Christmas being so close it is for the best and will make a huge difference in his life too! If Monday is the day then on Sunday after their church Christmas program we will have a mini holiday for Jordon and let him open his gifts! This is one of the hardest things I have had to do with Jordon, he has gone thorough this 3 other times but not for more than a month! Please pray for Jordon and his healing!! I will keep you posted on him as I know more!

Not much else has been going on here. We are going to Fargo on Saturday as Brit's cousin is getting married! There is lots of his family I haven't met yet and will get to this weekend so that should be fun! The kids will get to swim and enjoy Grandma Davis also. Oh did I mention water slides?? YES!! Well I am feeling like I am over doing it will post tomorrow when I get some news!

4 comments:

First Time Mommy said...

I'm so sorry that you are going though all this! I think it's a good thing that you and your friend have parted ways. Who needs a friend like that anyway! Friends are suppose to be supportive and not critical...this "friend" of yours sounds like she was more like an enemy.

As for Jordon..I think you are doing the right thing. I will pray for Jordon and your family as I know this is not an easy decision. Know in your heart that you are doing what is best for Jordon.

You guys will be in my thoughts!

Tracy said...

Oh Barb...I am so sorry for all the things you have been put through lately. First of all, sorry about your arm!! I hope that it gets better and better everyday. If not, GO BACK TO THE DOCTOR! Maybe that questionable x-ray is the problem.

Nobody needs to be treated by someone else the way you were treated by your friend. Especially not a best friend. Our friends may not always say things that we want to here but it should never be mean spirited and in the manner in which she said things to you. You are doing the right thing!!

As for Jordon...I pray that he gets the help he needs. I know this IS NOT easy for you and never will be no matter what you choose to do. The doctors know what they are doing...trust in them.

Kari said...

Please remember that I'm here for you and your family whenever you need me. Jordon is so special to me. I hope that things get resolved, and that the doctors can figure out what is causing the problems. I hope it works out that you can have Christmas as a family.

Jamie said...

I am sorry you have so many things you are dealing with right now. I hope things get better for all of you.

As a mother you can only do what is best for your child as hard as that may be.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!!