CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 31, 2007

Oh What Fun It Is To Ride....

...in a one horse open sleigh....well we didn't quite have it that good but it was fun. Saturday was deemed a Boedecker Family day and we started by going sledding by the Playhouse. You know I have lived here for many years and never gone up there but the kids have been asking so I thought sure why not! Oh my gosh what a fun time, for EVERYONE!! I have never heard such laughter and holy wow do they get going FAST!! I was so nervous to let Janaya go but she laughed and giggled the whole way, you just had to be at the end to stop her or she would go on forever....HA! I even managed to go down once! Oh to be a kid again! I don't know how many times Brit had to walk back up that hill I do know it is a "big" hill! I think we will have to do it again very soon! And then I will have to remember the CAMERA!!! That night we took them to Alvin and The Chipmunks....OMG CUTE!!! They laughed and laughed it was so great. Janaya wanted to go the "store" when we left the theater to buy it and was so upset that we just couldn't do that! I wish it didn't take so long for the movies to come out on DVD!

Sunday was a relaxing day and the kids enjoyed more time outside! They are getting a bit anxious for break to be over now and it will be sooner then they know.
I hope everyone has a great New Year's Eve I am looking forward to ringing it in with my hubby oh and as a Non-Smoker...HA! Still going strong and feeling great about it!! See you next year....

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Sledding is SOOO much fun!! We've gone a couple of times and might try to go once more before Dawson goes back to school!!

We also went to Alvin and the Chipmunks! CUTE!!!!!

Tracy said...

Oh but you CAN go to the store and get the CD from the movie.

Actually I wouldn't even wish that on you...it's pretty annoying!

Kerrie said...

We had so much fun when we went. We'll have to make sure and make it a weekly thing (if the weather is ok). Claire didn't enjoy it as much, but Nathan and I sure did.

First Time Mommy said...

Just wanted to wish you guys a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Lori said...

Happy New Year!!

We went to Alvin and the Chipmunks too and we all loved it. We laughed a bunch too.
Ha funny. The kids said they want me to buy that movie too.

Tamara B. said...

Thank goodness my kids don't go to movies yet. I don't have to listent to them beg for them...yet! :0)

We did some sledding here on our street. But, we have a school nearby that has a monster hill. It won't be long and the girls are going to be dragging my sorry behind up that. Hmm, maybe I should be doing that now to work off that pumpkin pie I devoured.:0)

Hope you had a Happy New Year and stay strong, you can kick the smoking habit, I just know you can.