CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 27, 2007

10 Days!!

First off I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!!
I have been so busy I have completely forgotten my blog. We had a great Christmas here at the Boedecker's. We enjoyed Christmas Eve with my mom and step dad and all the aunties, uncles and cousins. We went to church then for supper at Grandma's and finally the kids got to open presents, I honestly don't think they could wait any longer! HA!

Christmas Day we spent home as a family and it was so nice. The kids got everything they asked "Santa" for and much more, truly blessed I must say!

Now to my title of this post....drum roll please....today is the 10th day of "NO SMOKING"!! I (we Brit too) have had no cigarettes what so ever for 10 days! I am feeling pretty strong about it now and think I am gonna make it this time! Cold Turkey is the hardest thing to overcome but if the will is there nothing can stop me and I got it this time. I must say I am PROUD of the both of us and I am gonna keep saying it!!!! I am not craving much at all anymore, I smell GREAT and don't taste like an ashtray!!!

Last night I returned bowling and it went pretty well, little sore today. It was nice to be out with the girls again. It was hard to sit with them as everyone of them smoke!! I did really well and actually didn't "want" one, the smell made me sick. Anyway it will be nice to be back bowling as I do enjoy it!

Jordon had an appointment yesterday with Dr. Ermer a child psychiatrist in Sioux Falls. It went pretty good and he has some good plans on how to try to help Jordon. He did start him on a new medicine to go with his Concerta so I am a bit nervous but trying to stay optimistic! The new one is called Geodon and is supposed to help with controlling OCD symptoms. We will see him again in 2 months unless he starts having problems before then or the med causes problems. We also see Dr.Blake in February.

Anyone got big plans for New Year's? As of now we are planning to spend some time with the kids and then go out to the bowling alley to see some friends and family. Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and great starts to the new year!!

5 comments:

Lori said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas with you family.

Enjoy the rest of the break. I'm sure it will go by way too quickly.

Congrats on no cigarettes for 10 days. Yeah for you guys.

Jennie Thompson said...

Very proud of you on no smoking accomplishment. That's huge! Keep it up.

Glad you had a great Christmas.

Kari said...

Congrats on the NO Smoking!! I know how hard it's been for you. Good job! Keep up the good work! The benefits WILL pay off.

As for Jordon, hang in there and try to stay positive. Give the new medicine time to work. I will keep you in my prayers.

Tracy said...

GREAT JOB on the no smoking!! That is a huge accomplishment!!

I hope you have a wonderful evening with family and friends!!!

Kerrie said...

You can do it! I know you can. It's a choice Barb. Don't make the choice to start again. You're done now. I quit smoking after I smoked a pack a day for 7 years. I also quit cold turkey. I'm not saying it's not hard. It is. But I DO know you can do it!