CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 16, 2009

Pulling For Strength...

This week has been one of EXTREME emotion !! If you know me well you know that if you are my friend there isn't much I won't do for you! I have often been told I do too much and am too trusting and giving, although I just feel it's who I am!!
Most of the time it just comes natural to help and give advise or just listen. I don't always have all the answers or all the money in the world to give but I give what I have!! Sometimes though I feel over whelmed at how to help people when "weeks" like this happen and have to pull strength from anywhere I can. I pray for myself and others daily as well.
I have a friend who's husband left her and is now bringing his affair public and has been giving her false hope, she is crushed, and she has 2 children to care for at the same time her life has been flipped upside down, I feel helpless that I can't take away her pain..
I have a friend who just had a baby and he is in the NICU and although his problems could be worse she is very much as any mother would stressed and worried. She also has a child at home who needs just as much love and care if not more, and she isn't able to go see her baby brother because of her age, only on a video screen. I am doing everything I can for them!
This morning I found out that my Grandma ( who was here in September) has been diagnosed with Colon Cancer!! They are going to do a bowel resection on Wednesday and hopefully it hasn't spread too far as she doesn't want to go through Chemo at her age. I have seen this far too many times when I worked at the hospital, I know the risks and odds. I don't even think I can say what is coming...
I am hoping and praying for each of my friends and finding the strength I need to keep strong for everyone....

3 comments:

The Wangsness Family said...

Don't worry Barb, I am scared to. I bawled when i first read the email and when i talked to mom. I am praying every minute possible that everything is going to be ok. It is just so much all at one time. I am keeping Jill in mine with baby Corbin hoping that everything works out ok there. Sorry to hear about your other friends and her marriage thing. Don't worry I will be praying along with a lot of other people. I love you sister.

Tracy said...

Barb,
Hang in there! You are doing everything you can and just know that you are a pretty strong women yourself!!

Thinking of you...

Kari said...

Sending strength and prayers your way!!