CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

365 DAYS....

Happy 1 year of NO SMOKING!


Today is a full year of no smoking and I can say this is one of the proudest moments of my life! I did this with my husband , and it took all the will power I had to just do it! Now a year later I can't believe it, I did it and WOW it feels great!!!

No a few things I learned about Quitting:
After 20 mins, my blood pressure and pulse rate have decreased.
The temp of my hands and feet increased!
At 8 hours my carbon monoxide level drops to normal! And the Oxygen level in my blood returns to normal! WOW makes you feel like FRESH AIR!
At 24 hours the chance of having a heart attack decreases.
At 48 hours nerve endings begin to regrow ( I honestly didn't know this)
and the smell and taste ability improves.
At 2 weeks to 3 mon walking becomes easier and circulation improves.
Also Lung function is increasing!
At 1-9 months coughing, sinus congestion, fatigue and shortness
breath improve!
At 1 YEAR coronary heart disease decreases to half of a smoker!!
I am now on a path to better health as our my children and those around me!
My hair, clothes, breath, house all smell better!
The color of my teeth and nails is not YELLOW!!
My skin is healing ( yeah thats right)!
So as you see its a good thing I quit!!

2 comments:

Jennie Thompson said...

That's amazing. Congratulations!! Hope you are feeling better.

Tracy said...

Congrats Barb!

I am so proud of anyone that can quit smoking!