CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 09, 2008

Weekend Recap

What a nice weekend, and the weather was pretty good to!! On Friday I ended up with no daycare kids at 3pm so we headed as a family to do our grocery shopping! The kids haven't gone that much in the last months so they had a good time "helping" load the carts!!
Saturday Julia left with Kari to go babysit for her daughter in Howard as she had to work. She babysat Sat night and Sunday all day and came home Sunday evening, she did very well and had a blast and made some good money. I don't think I mentioned that I hired her for the summer to be my helper M-F from 8am till 12noon and so she had payday there too!! She is so proud of herself and is planning so save up and buy something BIG!!
Brit, myself and the other 3 kids went fishing that evening and I caught the first fish of the season for us!!! YAY! We had a good time, and have been going every weekend!
Sunday the boys fished in the Knights of Columbus Tournament at Lake Herman and Jackson got 1st place for biggest game fish, a 15 oz Bullhead!! Jordon got drawn for Little Fisher Boy and they also got names drawn for other prizes. Jackson won a new fishing pole with some small tackle and Jordon won a John Green print. I took pictures with my cell phone but this computer will not ever let me upload them here with out them being so blurry its unrecognizable!!
It was a fun time and they had a blast! Hope you all had a great weekend!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Well congrats on the fishing tournament!!

I bet Onna had a blast with Julia. It's crazy to think she's old enough to babysit!! From experience...it's nice to have a helper for daycare.

Kari said...

Thanks for letting me hire your helper. She did a great job!

Kerrie said...

Wowza! Those sound like great pizes!