CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

This and that..

This weekend we spent time in the evening fishing with the kids, they love it! And once again Mommy caught the first and biggest fish! We also went swimming which is always fun and I got some much needed sun, I always get so white in the winter!
Last night I had an Interview visit for the baby I committed to back in April. Things went well and are on track he is 5 weeks old and starts on Thursday am! I am excited and curious as to how it will go with two babies in the house. Baby Tray is just about 6 months now but is a difficult baby. He cries ALOT and I mean ALOT!! The problem is his parents hold him ALL THE TIME!! I have talked to her about it and let her know that there is NO way I can sit and hold him all day and that I just plain won't. I don't know what to do, I can't make them stop?! It's actually been real noticeable that it is detrimental to him lately. He can't sit like he should, he keeps his fists and feet balled up like a newborn and can't do all the things he should. He is rather small too which doesn't help! I guess its been frustrating and I just don't know what to do. When he's here I hold him when I feed him and some in between other wise he's playing (crying) on the floor, or in the Jumperoo (crying)!! He will play and cry and look at you at the same time, it's so hard. I don't want to give up on him but it is hard to take care of everyone else and him. His mom knows he has to cry sometimes but it hasn't changed her habits. Any suggestions???!!!

We have Family vacation planned for July, I finally got everything planned and set in place! We are leaving July 4th in the early am for Rapid City. We have lots planned such as Reptile Gardens, Storybook Island, Flinstone Park , Cosmos Mystery Museum, Fireworks up on Skyline Drive, and a few other things. I am looking forward to the Mall too..HA!! The kids are getting real excited! We will only spend the weekend out there and be home sometime on Sunday. I have always been home with family on the 4th so this will be different.

Today the van is getting a set of new tires, for some reason they kept going flat on us and they said they just are starting to wear out so might as well! I can't believe how spendy tires are, it will be about $500 for the whole set! And would you believe Brit's car has a flat too, yep and the same side and tire as the van!! Oh and the AC keeps freezing up so it's HOT in here! It's been a great start of the week and Iam hoping the rest of it is better!! Have a good one!!

2 comments:

Kari said...

It will be good that you have new tires on the van in time for your trip, one less thing to worry about.

I don't know what to tell you about the baby. I had a crier myself, except she wasn't delayed in any areas. We did a lot of walking and bouncing, but I know you can't do that.

Tracy said...

I had a baby that cried all.the.time too and I just couldn't do it anymore. It wasn't fair to the baby that she was held all the time at home and it wasn't fair to the other kids to have to listen to that baby cry all the time here. I told the mom it just wasn't going to work. I feel bad (to this day) that I had to do that but she went to a daycare where she was one of 3 kids and the lady could give her the attention she needed. I just couldn't do it. Don't feel bad if you have to just tell that it isn't working out.

We are going to Rapid City in August to do all those fun things. You'll have to give me a review when you get back!!!