CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 16, 2008

My Children...

Sometimes the things kids say are cute, or funny, sweet, and sometimes it's the pure innocence of a child that warms my heart! I have two special "stories" to share with you!

Janaya has been having trouble going to and staying asleep the last few weeks as she is afraid of the dark and monsters!? So we have been leaving the bathroom light on for her and sometimes the boys shut it off. So last night when she came in I was not surprised and just told her to go back to bed and turn the bathroom light on. She tried to talk but I cut her off and told her again. ( shame on me, I know) She quickly, sternly and sweetly said "but I don't know how to pray to Jesus!!" I know your hearts are melting, right?! Then Brit says "oh I told the other night that if she got scared to just pray to Jesus to make it better". I said " did you teach her how??" And he hadn't so I told her to get on my bed and I laid down with her and proceeded to teach her the bedtime prayer " Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep" and it was so fun! Then we had a talk about how she has been acting lately and decided to pray for help to be a nice girl to mommy and our friends, again we prayed! She then fell asleep with me and Daddy took her to bed!!

Now I tell you a story of my brave little man, Jackson! If you all know me you will know that I am most afraid of SPIDERS!!!! I am absolutely OCD about them and freak out beyond childish!! HA! Anyway this am I went into the bathroom and of coarse there is a BIG, UGLY, FAT SPIDER on the ceiling and my husband is at work till 1:30! Normally I would panic and start packing to leave, NO LIE!! Meanwhile Jackson (now rolling his eyes) says "I can get it mom". I told him he was too short and he said " nope, I just need the broom" I then voiced my concern that he would just knock it down and we wouldn't be able to find it and then I'd really freak cuz it could get me!! ( i know, i know) Of he went and a few minutes later he yelled it was done and to come see...OMG YIKES!! I went in and he showed me how he made it fall to the towel and then knocked it to the floor and "STOMPED" it dead!! HALLELUJAH!! He grabbed it with a tissue showed me and we enjoyed flushing it away! I know, I know grow up MOMMY!! But with little brave men I might just not have to..HA!

Have a Great Weekend!!

3 comments:

Tamara B. said...

What a brave boy! Now you have two heros in the family to rescue you from the big bad spiders. :0)

I love you story about praying. So very sweet.

Tracy said...

What a sweetheart Janaya!

Such a brave boy you have there in Jackson! Way to go big guy!!!

Kari said...

It's a good thing Brit's been around Jackson as long as he has so you didn't "ruin" him completely with your spider phobia! Ticks on the other hand... now that is a bug to be scared of!! LOL