CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 24, 2008

My Calling...

I keep telling myself that I need to make more time for my blog. I used to post all the time and I really enjoyed it and loved sharing our lives with you all!For months and months now I have been on what I like to call a "journey in life" and making changes in my life for the better for my family and myself. It's been a fun and interesting road. I know I'm not done but feel like so much has changed and the "hard" part is over!! I am sure of my calling in life...to be a Mother..Wife and and Am happy doing it! My daycare has taken off and is so rewarding, I feel like I have the best job I could ever ask for and feel so fortunate to be here for my family and love taking care of the children!! I started another 4 month old this week which brings me to 7 and I made a commitment for another baby to start in early July, mother is due end of May so I am considering myself full!! WOW I don't think since I started this almost 2 years ago I have been able to say that and feel comfortable in it!!

Jackson's glasses are in and I will be picking them up on Friday.. will post pictures next week!! He always looks so handsome in his glasses so I'm excited to see them.

Julia oh Julia what a week, I have never been so proud to be a mother and after this week feel like I am a good mom...I LOVE YOU JULIA RANAE!!!At gymnastics last week she received a note telling us she was doing so well in class they wanted her to come to a special class to have her skills evaluated and to see if she was ready for the Level 4 class and competition. She is in Level 2 now so she would skip 3!! They said we should be proud just to be asked and can you believe this is her 1st year?? Remember when she started WOW!! So we went and are waiting to hear the results, then it's decision time the cost is HIGH (fundraising would be needed) and the hours required for practice here and in Brookings is alot. I am so excited and proud!!
Then today I got a call from the Daily Leader that Julia was one of the winners in a Mother's Day Essay Contest and we get to go have our picture taken for the paper on Monday...how FUN!! I read the essay and of coarse cried...so much love Tudor...you are so special to me!!

Jordon and Janaya haven't been up to much, they are loving to play outside!! We set the trampoline last Friday and they have jumped all week!!! Janaya is riding her bike so well I am gonna look at the next size bigger, actually Jackson needs a big one too! They love to ride and always have.Both the boys started riding when they were 4 so they have both gone through a few..HA! I love Summer...fun times ahead. Hope everyone has a Great Weekend!!

4 comments:

First Time Mommy said...

Sounds like things are going good for you Barb! Happy to hear about all the life changes and that your daycare if full..that's GREAT :)!! I can't wait to see you guys in the paper and read her essay!

Sounds like everyone else is doing well :)! Have a great weekend!

Tracy said...

CONGRATS JULIA on the gymnastics and the essay!! I look forward to seeing you in the paper. I love to watch gymnastics too so I hope you have fun!!

Great job on the daycare Barb!! I know it was hard for you to get where you needed to be.

GOOD JOB!

Kerrie said...

Sounds like things are going well for you. I'm very happy to hear that!

Jamie said...

Congrats to Julia for the gymnastics success..that is awesome!!

How sweet and cool for her to win the essay contest...that is just great!!