CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Weekend Recap

I can't believe another weekend has come and gone! We are nearing the end of October so fast!! We had a nice weekend here at the Boedecker's.
Friday Brit and I were both off work by 3pm!!! AWESOME!! We picked up the kids from school and headed to Brookings for groceries and such! We were home and unloaded by 7:30 and got to enjoy the evening with the kids!
Saturday the kids bowled in the afternoon and then we did some cleaning. We had some friends and their daughter over for supper, Brit grilled country ribs that he marinates specially and talk about YUMMY!! After supper we all hung out and visited and played till 8pm then headed out to Lake Madison where there was a haunted house. We were a bit nervous about taking Janaya because of her age but they all jumped up and down saying they wanted to go! HA! It started out OK, Janaya was doing great and walking on her own(without Daddy carrying her). It appeared that everything was "decor" and we had convinced her of that, Jackson and Lydia ( both 7) were not so much convinced and ready to cry at any moment. Then it happened, two of the "decor" were real and started to move and make noise, mixed with Andy's "boo's" we got cornered and the two lost it!! I have never seen such a look of PURE FRIGHT on any two children's faces and it took everything I had to hold the two until Jill could relieve me of Lydia! Once they realized how scared they were they flipped on the lights, showed themselves and all was calm. Jackson did take some outside, in the fresh air talking with Daddy to fully calm but it ended with laughs and smiles! The funny part was he was the first to say "yes lets go" and the first ready and in the van. All the other kids, including Janaya laughed! They ended up with treats too, all in all a fun time.
Sunday brought Sunday school and LAUNDRY for mommy! I do it like 3 times a week or more but Sunday always seems to have so much to do??! I hope everyone had a good weekend!!

4 comments:

The Wangsness Family said...

Mean mean mommy! You shouldnt scare my neice and nephews like that. Naw just joking. It is all out of fun. That is funny that Jackson was the first to go. Glad things are going well for you. Love you all and give the kids all hugs and kisses from their bestest auntie.

Tracy said...

They must be talking alot about haunted houses at school. Dawson keeps asking me about them. I told him we will not be going...although they are not real...I don't want them scaring him. Ha! That seemed to work for awhile!

Tamara B. said...

I can't imagine when I'll be able to get Amanda to go to a Haunted House. She is still afraid of the troll under the bridge on the Dora cartoons. :0) Hope the kids didn't get nightmares. :0) I used to love them, but now I don't really like them. I think I've seen too many horror movies where the bodies in the hauted houses were really dead people...freaks me out. I think I'll stick to the tamer forms of entertainment on Halloween. :0) Hope you all had fun.

Jamie said...

Marissa will not brave a haunted house yet...heck neither will I!! I am such a chicken!!!